Friday, October 24, 2008

Chinese Democracy

So is this really happening? Chinese Democracy is actually going to be released??? I must admit I've been rather skeptical of anything that Axl Rose would do without Slash, Duff and Matt Sorum.

But the song I just found on their website (http://web.gunsnroses.com/splash.jsp), is actually pretty good. This sounds like Appetite for Destruction worthy, actually.

I don't know, maybe Axl's still got game!

Take a listen and tell me what you think. I may have something else to look forward to beyond the election!

3 comments:

Jacob said...

Yes. And more important, we are all getting free Dr. Pepper. Not just a can, but a 20oz! Guess there's only one day to download your coupon or something. I haven't read details but it's something like Nov. 23.

Bart said...

Yeah, on the release date- you go to the Dr. Pepper website and you can print off a coupon.

Song's not too bad. And unless he sings about China for the whole album, it'll be nice to hear some new material. Even though there was some decent guitar solo-ing shoring up the tail end of the song, I still wish they'd just put aside their differences and get back together. Last time I heard, Velvet Revolver was minus a lead singer and without any serious prospects. Seriously- there's no GnR without Slash.

sterfryiv said...

I agree...it's really the "Axl Rose Band".