Saturday, July 25, 2009

Wow! Chalk!!



I've never seen anybody do anything that cool with chalk! It sort of reminds me of the video above, but I'm sure the chalk animation was much more challenging.

I've never been able to get into Coldplay, but their videos are often pretty clever. (guess they're compensating...) I guess Shynola did the animation. They've a bunch of stunning music videos in their portfolio and one of my all-time faves is Pyramid Song by Radiohead. (Make sure to watch it in HQ- Youtube won't let me embed it... I guess this video is based on a dream Thom Yorke had. Actually reminds me of lots of dreams I've had too...)

Thanks for the post, Sean!

Here's another fave of mine:

1 comment:

Sean said...

I guess it is catchup night for me. The Pyramid Song video is the reason I got back into Radiohead. That has got to be one of the best videos ever. When it came out, I got their first album, and loved it. But for some reason never got any other albums, until Amnesiac. The songs were always great, but never felt like a fan. Since I've gotten Amnesiac, I went back and am a big fan of Kid A.