Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bayside: Still the Coolest School

Lousy title I know, but I'm in California, the ocean is near. Bayside's latest album Shudder is their 4th full length release (plus an acoustic full length and a live cd under their shiny studded pleather belts available now at hot topic). Seemingly happy at home on Victory Records, this latest collection of rock was released on Sept. 23. Also seemingly happy is themselves with their style. They haven't changed all that much since their arrival in the "emo" scene a few years ago, but honestly I don't mind. I don't listen to them for depth, but for the rock they bring. Fun guitar work cause at least one guy who can hold his own with the guitar solo's.

Favorite song for sure is "I Can't Go On", mostly cause of this fun little guitar thing they do, I can't describe it, check it out. Don't hate me when you realize it's nothing real original. But then neither is this album. The lyrics wreak of crying and self-loathing, breakups and heartache as usual. That's why we kept watching Saved by the Bell though isn't it? Check out some music on their myspace.

7 of 10 for entertaining consistency value.

1 comment:

Bart said...

Jake- not sure why none of these links work. I'll have to google these guys.